Dura-Belt is a master distributor for Hutchinson’s new ConveyXonic High Tension Poly-V® powered roller belts (also called multi-rib belts,V-ribbed belts, and Micro-V® belts). These truly endless, elastic nylon reinforced, rubber belts can greatly extend the capabilities of powered roller conveyors. ConveyXonic long-life, low maintenance belts provide the following features:
1. Moves extremely heavy loads, including pallets weighing up to 2400 lbs (1100 kg), or boxes weighing up to 250 lbs per roller (113 kg/roller). Driving force can be easily magnified by adding more ribs.
2. Moves loads smoothly over a wide speed range -- up to 800 feet per minute (4 m/s).
3. Allows one motorized roller to power up to 20 rollers with high efficiency, i.e., very little reduction in rpm or torque. This means that each slave roller can provide nearly the same driving force as the motorized roller.
4. One powered roller can do the work of two or more powered rollers, providing equipment cost savings and energy reduction savings. (One user reported moving 50 rollers with one motorized roller -- 25 on each side.)
5. Nylon reinforcements in ConveyXonic belts are slightly elastic. This allows them to stretch enough so that the belts will perform well over the typical center distance tolerance range (+/- 1/16”) found on most conveyor frames.
6. Special conveyor rollers with poly-V pulley endcaps are available from Interroll, Ralphs-Pugh, and Rollex. These plastic endcaps reduce standard 1.9” roller ratings to 70 lbs per roller (31 kg/roller), which limits box weight to approximately 700 lbs (317 kg), but that is still more than 3 times greater driving capacity than is provided by elastic round belts.
7. Pulley grooves on adjacent rollers must be aligned within one degree. Otherwise, the belts will abrade. Our alignment washers take up the slack between frames, forcing standard spring-loaded rollers into alignment. Rollers that are screwed to the frame (like those provided by Interroll) do not need alignment washers.
8. Two and three ribbed belts will work on curves down to a minimum radius of 31.5" (800 mm), although minor belt dusting occurs.
9. Larger K-section Poly-V belts are excellent replacements for chains on pallet conveyors. Ribbed roller endcaps made from steel take the place of sprockets. In many applications poly-v belts work better, as they usually last considerably longer and eliminate the noise, oil and dirt associated with steel chains.
10. Designed to work even in dusty environments, the tips of the belt’s Poly-v ribs are truncated so they do not extend to the bottom of the pulley’s grooves. This provides an open space where dust can accumulate. The belt’s nylon reinforcements produce enough tension to force dust into this slot. As the pulley rotates, the dust usually falls out of the pulley. Nevertheless, if there is any doubt about the operating environment, we recommend testing a section of the conveyor in the environment where it will be used.
11. An installation tool greatly facilitates assembly of Poly-V (multi-rib, V-ribbed, Micro-V) belts. The force required is about 25 lbs (11kg) per rib. See Speedy Roller Installer
ConveyXonic Poly-V Conveyor Belts
• 2-ribs moves boxes up to 110 lbs (50 kg)
Poly-V Belt Profile
TKF Belt Guard Safety shield
(yellow) covers Poly-V belts
Warning: Protective guards or safety shields should be installed over poly-v belts wherever people may come in contact with them. These V-ribbed belts do not stretch enough to accommodate objects caught underneath, and the pulley's sharp ribs provide nip points that could severely damage fingers or pull hair, jewelry or clothing caught in them. Low horsepower (24 volt) motors do not mitigate the need for shields, as the force per unit area on a rib's edge is very large. Moreover, the momentum of heavy boxes would make the rollers difficult to stop by hand. Shields can be purchased from TKF, Inc, who makes yellow protective guards as shown on their 24 volt PosiGrip timing belt conveyors (above).
a registered trademark of the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.
For the best in Poly-V® (multi-rib, V-ribbed, Micro-V® ) conveyor belts and pulleys, insist on DuraBelt.